Saturday, March 31, 2012

Norwegian Blood

An Arab Sheik was admitted to Abbott-Northwestern Hospital for heart surgery, but prior to the surgery, the doctors needed to store his blood in case the need arose.


As the gentleman had a rare type of blood, it couldn't be found locally, so, the call went out to all the states.Finally a New London, Minnesota Norwegian was located who had the right blood type.

The Norwegian, whose name was Gene Hanson, willingly donated his blood for the Arab.After the surgery, the Arab sent Gene, as appreciation for giving his blood, a new BMW, a pile of diamonds & several million U.S. dollars.

A couple of days later, once again, the Arab had to go through some corrective surgery. His doctor telephoned Gene who was more than happy to donate his blood again.

After the second surgery, the Arab sent Gene a thank-you card and five pounds of lutefisk.Gene was shocked that time the Arab did not reciprocate with a new car, diamonds, and money.

He phoned the Arab & said: "I thought dat you vould be yenerous again, and dat you vould give me anudder BMW, diamonds & money... But you only gave me a tank-you card & some lutefisk."To this the Arab replied: "Ya, but now I haf Norvegian blood in my veins so I gotta tink tvice before I spend."

No comments:

Post a Comment