Sunday, September 12, 2010

Jesus and the Mud Puddle

Howard  County Sheriff Jerry Marr got a disturbing call 
one Saturday  afternoon a few months ago. 
His 6-year-old grandson, Mikey, had been  hit by a car 
while fishing in Greentown with his dad. 

The father and son were near a bridge 
by the Kokomo Reservoir when a  
woman lost control of her car, 
slid off the bridge and hit  Mikey 
at a rate of about 50 mph.

Sheriff Marr had seen the results of accidents  
like this and feared the worst. 
When he got to   Saint Joseph Hospital , 
he rushed through the emergency  
room to  find Mikey conscious and in fairly good spirits. 

'Mikey, what  happened ?' Sheriff Marr asked. 
Mikey replied, 'Well, Papaw, I was fishin' with Dad, 
and some lady runned me over,I flew into a mud  
puddle, and broke my fishin' pole and I didn't get to catch
no  fish !' 

As it turned out, the impact propelled Mikey about  
500 feet, over a few trees and an embankment and in  
to the middle of a mud puddle. 
His only injuries were to his right femur  bone, 
which had broken in two places.

Mikey had surgery to place  pins in his leg. 
Otherwise the boy is fine.
Since all the boy could talk about was 
that his fishing pole was broken, 
the Sheriff  went out to Wal-Mart and bought  
him a new one while he was in surgery 
so he could have it when he  came out.

The next day the Sheriff sat with Mikey 
to keep him company in the hospital. 
Mikey was enjoying his new fishing pole 
and talked about  when he could go fishing again 
as he cast into the trash can.

When  they were alone Mikey, just as matter-of-fact, said,
'Papaw, did you  know Jesus is real?' 

'Well,' the Sheriff replied, a little startled.. 
'Yes, Jesus is  real to all who believe in him 
and love him in their hearts.' 

'No,' said Mikey. 'I mean Jesus is REALLY  REAL.' 

'What do you mean ?' asked the Sheriff. 

'I know he's real 'cause I saw him,' said Mikey, 
still casting into the trash can. 

'You did ?' said the Sheriff. 

'Yep,' said Mikey. 'When  that lady runned me over 
and broke my fishing pole, Jesus caught me in his arms 
and laid me down in the mud puddle.' 

GIVES  YOU GLORY BUMPS, DOESN'T IT ? ! 
GOD  WILL DO THE REST 

I asked the Lord to bless you 
As I prayed for you today 
To guide you and  protect you 
As you go along your way 

His love is always with  you 
His promises are true 
And when we give Him all our cares 
You know He will see us through 

So when the road you're  traveling on 
Seems difficult at best 
Just remember I'm here praying 
And God will do the rest. 

Pass this to people you want God to bless
and don't forget to send it back to  
the one who asked God to bless you first. 

FAITH IS NOT BELIEVING THAT GOD CAN....  
IT IS KNOWING THAT HE  WILL!

No comments:

Post a Comment